Background

Sunday, September 5, 2010

So you think you can Dance?


Reagan has started taking dance class at Stage Door Dance.  Reagan was invited to try a class by her friends at school.  She is currently taking ballet and tap on Friday evenings.  Her favorite is tap.  She loves music and movement.  I must say that after the first visit my hopes for her was to be able to take direction.  The students are suppose to stand on polyspots.  However, Reagan on her first visit decided to pick hers up and put it where she wanted to...touching her friends Aurora and Emerson's dots.  Then last Monday at a make-up class she has progressed to keeping the spot on the floor and even staying on it.  In three short visits she is already taking direction so much better.  I am going to have increase my personal goals for her since she is already reaching my first expectation.

She hasn't quite mastered leg kicks (I call this the Frankestien walk) or many other skills in the class.  However, she at least now tries them and stays more on task.  In June she will have a recital.  I am very eager to see how well she progresses and if she remains interested in dance.  Right now, I must say that she "practices" in our living room while singing with her microphone.  Her moves our much more graceful now and she has learned more ways to move her body.  Here are a few pictures I got.  Not great, since taken through a small window.










































































After so much hard work, it was only natural for Reagan to come home starving and fussy.


























No comments:

Post a Comment