Background

Friday, August 13, 2010

Music on the Lawn



I've been meaning to find a lazy Friday night to take the girls out to have a picnic and hear the live music at  American Tobacco.  Andy definitely did not want to go.  In his mind he thought we were going to be in a field with no shade, 95 degree weather, and two whining babies.  Since he was so hesitant that meant I was left to packing our dinner, drinks, diaper bag, chairs, strollers, etc.  Of course, as any parent knows if you have to pack more than a diaper bag then you will probably forget something!  We picked up the girls from school at 5:00pm so that we could get downtown early.  The girls go to bed at 7pm so we have to do things early if we want them to enjoy it.

It ended up being an incredibly fun night.  We were there early enough to set up under a tree in the back where we were in the shade and could leave early.  It didn't take long until I got an apology from my husband.  There was a light breeze and it was awesome having such an easy outing for no charge.  Reagan and I ran around the fountains while waiting for our fabulous Mellow Mushroom pizza which is my favorite.  The girls were having so much fun eating outside and people watching.  The music was just okay but the atmosphere made up for that.  I know the next time we go my husband will help out a lot more since he saw how fun and cheap the evening was.






















No comments:

Post a Comment