Background

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

CSA

CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture.  Friends have been telling me for years to sign up for CSA and I could pick up my vegetables each week near my house.  My thought at first was I didn't know if I would like it.  I wasn't really sure how it worked or the quantity and quality of the produce.

So last week was suppose to be our first pick-up.  However, my stepmom had surgery and I left to go to the Baptist hosptial to be with her.  So I drove my husband to the site and showed him where to go to pick it up.  I also reminded him the next morning.  When I called to see if he got it, he forgot but swung by at 6:30 to see.  No one was there.  The pick-up is from 4-6:00pm.  He told me and I was so sad because they are so strict about losing your box if you don't pick it up.  So, Andy felt bad and emailed the owner.  She told us we loss that box but could double up next week.

Next week came and today I had a plan to go pick it up before my bible study.  BUT, my bible study was canceled.  Then I was working out with a friend the last two days and had to drive by the spot after our workout.  Hey that's easy right.  Well, then my friend called and had to cancel.  Finally, I told myself to pick it up before getting the kids from daycare.  Then I got in my car to go and realized my husband had my daughter's car seat.  So I was so up in arms trying to figure out how to get her home I completely forgot the vegetables!



Maybe this CSA isn't meant to be for us.  However, we've already paid a hefty sum and I must press on.  I came home and emailed the owner to see if I could drive to the farm tomorrow to pick up my box.  No word yet, but I really hope she says yes.

I find myself to be such a person of structure.  If my schedule is not structured then I absolutely don't remember things.  The summer time when I am not working there are days I don't even know what day it is.  This is great at times.  However, I've been missing a lot of things and haven't been that productive lately.  Well, if I ever do get my vegetables I will let you know how they are.  Until then pray that the owner will let me pick them up tomorrow.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment