Background

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tweetsie




























TWEETSIE

Who doesn't enjoy a good visit to the old park Tweetsie?  Tweetsie is the name of the premier attraction which is an old train.  My mom decided that the trip to see the train would be great and it just happened to be on her 65th birthday.  We had a great celebration on her birthday and enjoyed the fact that it was a special Dora weekend at the park.

This was Reagan's second visit to park.  Last year, Reagan would have nothing to do with it or the rides.  She mainly enjoyed the shows and the mouse train.  This year we took full advantage of the special "Dora" weekend.  Dora is Reagan's favorite character.  She is a Hispanic girl who speaks both English and Spanish.  Tweetsie had a 30 minute show with the characters who sang all the popular songs from the shows.  The songs have motions such as fly like the condors.    Reagan absolutely loved it.  She then took her picture with Dora and Diego. 

 After, we finished visiting with Dora, we took to the park.  First thing Reagan wanted to do was to ride the train.  This amazed me because she was not scared at all.  She loved it.  We then took in shows.  She even volunteered for the magic show and the Hopper and Porter show.  I had to go up with her for the magic show but it was just to lock the handcuffs.  Thank goodness I didn't have to do anything more.  

We ended the day riding the rides, going on the train, and finally getting our picture with Dora once more.  Reagan even rode on the scrambler which is an adult ride.  I was amazed at how brave she was and that she loved the fast spinning pace.  Heights? no problem!  Reagan took to the ferris wheel like a pro.  It was so much fun going with my mom and my daughter.  I remember going with my Mom to the parks when I was young.  It's just so different when your the mom.  I enjoyed seeing Reagan so excited more than the rides.  My whole perspective on enjoying the park has changed.  I use to be determined when I entered a park to accomplish as much as I could.  Now, I just relax and enjoy watching my little girl.  

My mom and my daughter are such blessings.  I am so fortunate to have them both in my life.  Thanks to both of you for a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment